Call Our Toll-Free Number +1800-937-0172
Like the entire printer manufacturer Canon also periodically releases updates that are necessary to download after a specific period of time. These updates are there to encounter the problems and update the features and user experience.
Here I am sharing certain steps with you to which you need to follow to update your current canon printer driver:
Step1: Login to the computer system with the printer server where the current driver is installed or with the physical printer, you need to use the account with local administrator access to the computer or server.
Step2: Click start type windows update in a simple way and click on to the latest update popped up on the screen.
Step3: Click the checkbox next to the Canon driver, then click “OK” and “Install updates.” Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. You may be asked to reboot your computer afterward.
Download the update from the canon website:
1) Log in to the computer system with the printer server where the current driver is installed or with the physical printer.
2) Go to canon’s support and login page.
3) Enter your Canon printer model number in the Search box at the top of the window and click “Search.” The model is usually printed on the top or front of the device. A list of matching products will appear on the screen, sorted by the model numbers. Click the “Drivers & Software” link under the correct model of the canon printer to access its download page.
4) Select “Windows” from the Operating System drop-down, and select the appropriate version: 64-bit operating systems are listed with “(x64)” after the names, and operating systems without this notation are 32-bit. Select the appropriate version for your windows system and ”Click the “Drivers” link.
5) Select the appropriate driver from the list, which is arranged in chronological order by date. Clicking the “+” symbol will exhibit a piece of information for each item.
If your Canon printer is a multi-function or production unit. Driver filenames starting with “PCL5” or “PCL6” are usually the “main” printer drivers. Choose a PCL6 driver unless you use older software in your environment that will not render print jobs correctly when a PCL6 driver is installed.
Consider installing a “Generic” printer driver if your printer is not working properly with certain applications on the operating system.
6) Read all the terms and conditions properly and then click on I agree to start the download.
7) Now you need to read the instruction and follow it to continue with the download if the package is a wizard then you can download it without many issues but if it is a zip file then you need to complete the download process manually.
8) Click “Start” then click “Devices and Printers.”
9) Click “Start” and then click “Devices and Printers.” Right-click on the Canon printer and select “Printer Properties.” Click on the “Advanced” tab and click “New Driver.” Click “Next,” “Have Disk” and “Browse.” Navigate to the driver file location and click “Open.”
10) Now follow the instruction on the screen to complete the installation.
Call Toll Free 18009370172
I hope after reading this article you would be able to update the canon printer driver update easily on your system.
If you still find any difficulty in updating the canon printer driver then you can go for the manual service help or canon support number.
Thank you for reading…!!!!!!